To promote a forward-looking PR body for enhanced stakeholder value.
To consolidate and establish IPR as a distinctive, respectable and proactive professional body, giving direction to PR practitioners and students in Ghana.
To run a credible and respected institution for the training of PR professionals and strengthening the professional capabilities of members to effectively take on the PR needs of corporate institutions, government and high-profile individuals. We aim to make PR and communications the most fashionable, must have profession in Ghana by working towards fair and robust recruitment processes which will employ the right people in the right jobs.
The Institute of Public Relations, Ghana is the sole professional body that provides the under listed services:
- Offer professional development programmes to define, structure and enhance public relations practice.
- Provide platform for the in-depth discussions of professional interest challenges.
- Recruit and assist in recruiting public relations professionals for corporate institutions on request.
- Interact with corporate members on identifiable public relations issues.
- Provide a pool of Public Relations experts / consultants.
- Provide customized training for corporate institutions on public relations and communications.
- Develop IPR’s image as a 1st class training and professional body.
- Build membership confidence.
- Manage relationships with corporate members.
- Manage relationships with government and media agencies to ensure desired favourable responses.
- Ensure training programmes impact on quality of delivery of members.
Corporate Values “Image is Everything”
- Provide adequate and on time information for members.
- Ensure quality and excellence in the delivery of programmes.
- Feed innovation and efficiency into activities and plans.
- Exhibit integrity and trust in our dealings.
- Promote continuous learning for members.
- Facilitate responsible social and professional networking locally and globally amongst members.
- Encourage an environment of world class excellence.
- Professionalism in the area of PR / Communications.
- Provide a professional structure for the practice of Public Relations.
- Enhance the ability and status of members as professional practitioners.
- Provide opportunities for members to meet and exchange views / ideas.
- Offer a range of services of professional and or personal benefit to members.
- Maintain a healthy and beneficial international relationships / affiliations for the benefit of members.
- Build public confidence and respect in IPR, Ghana.
- Contribute to the national image building agenda while serving the general community.